Now on its ninth installment, Virgin Labfest sets March 31, 2013 as the deadline of submissions for the upcoming mid-year (June to July) festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried, and untested works for theater at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). This festival is a partnership project of the Writer’s Bloc, Inc., Tanghalang Pilipino, Inc. and CCP.
This year, the Virgin Labfest will choose nine (9) “virgin” one-act plays and one (1) full length play.
The Virgin Labfest is open to submissions of the following written works:
1. one-act plays,
(maximum running time: 40 minutes)
2. full-length plays,
(minimum running time: 1 hour 20 minutes; maximum running time: 2 hours)
3. All submitted works must NOT have previously been
– published in book form;
– staged commercially for more than two performances (staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
– awarded any literary or drama recognition in competitions and the like
4. works may be in Filipino or English.
The festival is open to various themes and genres. This year, the Virgin Labfest hopes to include works that fall into these categories:
1. Regional Language plays: plays written in Hiligaynon, Cebuano and/or Ilocano.
2. Plays for children (special venue)
Send your submissions either
1) in .doc or .pdf format only to
2) deliver at least two hard copies of the manuscript to
CLOTILDE LUCERO or NIKKI TORRES
Performing Arts Department
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Submissions should indicate name and contact address of the playwright.
For more information, log on to https://www.facebook.com/thevirginlabfest