The Vargas Museum at the University of the Philippines-Diliman invites undergraduate and graduate students of Art Studies, Humanities, Fine Arts, or Museum/Cultural Heritage Studies to apply for an internship program that will coincide with the summer term from April 2 to May 31, 2013.
The program is designed to give students an overview of museum practices from collections management, curation and exhibition coordination, and developing and implementing educational programs. Interns will be exposed to the following:
– Interns will work with the staff in preparing for contemporary art exhibitions in April and May.
– Interns will be involved in the planning phases of the Junior Museum Guides Workshop. They will work with the staff in designing new activities and participate in the graphic design and layout of workshop kit and other collaterals.
– Interns will co-facilitate the Junior Museum Guides Workshop (workshop for students ages 9-14 years old).
– Interns will be trained as docents/museum guides for permanent and temporary exhibitions.
– Interns will assist in handling artworks; learn to accomplish basic reports to monitor the entry and exit of objects and fill out condition report forms.
Successful applicants are required to complete 120 hours of museum work for the covered period. Internships are unpaid. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the program.
Applications (letter of intent and resume) can be submitted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Two applicants will be accepted.
For more information about the internship program, please contact the Vargas Museum at (02) 928-1927, (02) 981-8500 loc. 4024 or e-mail email@example.com.