The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and Pusod Cebu Visual Artists Inc. are proud to present the Primero Kongreso: Arte Biswal sa Kabisayaan Sentro scheduled on April 12-14, 2013 in Cebu City.
The Central Visayas Art Congress 2013 in Cebu City is envisioned as an networking assembly and continuing education platform for artists residing in the Central Visayas region and elsewhere. The congress will center on the theme “panginlabot”, a Visayan term which means ‘to intervene’ or ‘get involved’ so as to alter an action towards a more positive result. The event aims to provide interventions on critical issues and best practices in the production, circulation, and reception of art-making, both within and outside the region.
Schedule of Activities
April 11, 2013 (Afternoon):
– Arrival of out-of-town delegates
– Check-in at Fuento Oro Business Suites
April 12, 2013 (Morning):
– Registration and formal Congress opening at Cebu City Museum
April 12, 2013 (Afternoon):
– Launching of Philippine Art Awards 2013-2014
– Opening of curated exhibit
– Welcome dinner and cultural night at Cebu City Museum
April 13, 2013:
– Continuation of Congress at Fuento Oro Business Suites
– Travel to Qube Gallery
– Pakita’g Hilas exhibit opening
– Fellowship dinner at The Persimmon
April 14, 2013 (Morning):
– Travel to Mactan Island
– Presentation and approval of Congress resolutions
April 14, 2013 (Beachfront lunch):
– Presentation of certificates and closing ceremony
Package 1 – Congress Fee & Meals (w/o accommodation): Php 1,300
Package 2 – Congress Fee & Meals (w/ accommodation): Php 3,000
This project is also supported by the Cebu City Museum, Philippine Art Awards, Fuente Oro Business Suites, Qube Gallery, and AboitizLand.
For more information, please visit the Arte Biswal Facebook Page.