The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) invites the public to the Staged Reading Showcase of the Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program on July 7, 2013, 6 pm at the CCP Bulwagang Amado Hernandez. The event is free and open to the public. The 10 short plays will be directed by Dennis Marasigan and will performed by amateur and professional theater actors.
Staged Reading Showcase:
1. Ang Gintong Aral ni Ma’am Zeny by Tyron Judes D. Casumpang
2. Final Interview by Christian M. Dagsil
3. Kalayaan by Christa I. De La Cruz
4. Ungentlemanly Behavior by John Carlo Dulu
5. Kung Paano Magsintas ng Sapatos by Janina Faith Gacosta
6. Bago Magkaroon ng Panibagong Mundo by Sherina Mae Inza-Cruz
7. Pabaon by Levine Andro Lao
8. Ang mga Nakatatawid sa Asin by Lorenzo Elias Lopez
9. Drop Zone by Miyo Sta. Maria
10. Ang Huling Stage Reading ni Romulo Dulah by Christian Ubana Tordecillas
The short plays to be featured are the results of the two-week mentorship program on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. Mentored by award-winning playwright Glenn Sevilla Mas, the fellows attended a series of lectures, script critiquing, writing sessions and interactions with known playwrights and directors in the various halls and theaters of the CCP from June 25 to July 5, 2013.
The Virgin Labfest is a highly distinguished annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors. It has gained its reputation by producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays, most of which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature.
The Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program is part of the Center’s desire to train young aspiring playwrights. It is a project of the CCP Artist Training Division of the Arts Education Department.